What information do we collect?
We may collect your name, address, telephone and fax details, e-mail address, occupation, date of birth, bank account and credit card details, and other financial information. We may also ask you to provide other information as part of online surveys or competitions. Your participation in such is voluntary and you are not obliged to complete information should you wish.
Why do we collect personal information?
Knauf Plasterboard Pty Limited only collects personal information that is necessary for us to conduct our business and provide customers with service. This information is used to help Knauf Plasterboard Pty Limited improve the range of goods and services we are able to offer our customers. It may also help us to maintain the quality of service provided by our franchise distribution network of PlastaMasta stores.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to enable us to:
• Inform you of our products and services including competitions, special offers and general customer information (some direct marketing activities may be outsourced).
• Provide the goods or services you require, including setting up accounts, responding to customer, prospective employee or franchised distributor inquiries.
• Supply you with the most recent technical manual updates and industry news.
• Gain an understanding of your needs to enable us to strive to meet them and those of our other valued customers.
• Conduct research regarding product and service development.
We may disclose information to:
• Our employees, subcontractors and agents.
• PlastaMasta franchisees and others within our distribution network.
• Professional financial and legal advisors.
• Government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law.
• Third parties who require the information to help our franchised distributors or us, with our business or to provide goods or services to you.
Your personal information will be provided to the people and agencies listed above only to the extent necessary to enable us to reply or action your contact with us. We will not sell or provide your personal information to any other organisations.
How do we store personal information?
Knauf Plasterboard Pty Limited takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. We employ a number of protective measures including premises’ security, restricted access to the information and maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access.
What if you do not wish to provide us with your personal information?
If you do not wish to provide us with all the information we require, we may not be able to provide you with your required product or service or process your inquiry.
If you do not want to receive information on new products and services, technical literature and/or other marketing material or if you want to have your name removed from the marketing customer database, please let us know.
Keeping your information accurate
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is kept up-to-date so we can provide efficient and timely service. You may wish to assist us in keeping your details up-to-date by letting us know if your personal details change. You can let us know if your details are not correct or if they have changed by calling our customer service line on 1300 724 505.
Access to your personal information
You may request access to your personal information by writing to our Privacy Officer. You may have to pay a small administrative charge to get access.
The Privacy Officer
Knauf Plasterboard Pty Limited
PO Box 483
MATRAVILLE NSW 2036
If you write to us, please provide your contact phone number so that our Privacy Officer can contact you to discuss your query.